Monday, June 4, 2012

Naptown Connect: Trajik The Naptown Legend

The Naptown Legend himself "Trajik" 


Yea Yea, whats good wit it? Today's been a good day. Just got an exclusive wit Lil Skypp earlier and now the big homie Trajik #GFE stopped by to show some love. #Salute For those who don't know Trajik Imma do a brief  bio real quick.

>>>>>>> http://www.gamefaceentertainment.com/plugins/roktabs/

I actually heard about Trajik years ago. His album "Real Rap No Gimmicks" My brother-in-law Mickey put that in and shortly after Tully Cicero came to me and told me he was in GFE. Since then we been mad coo. I'm Telling you, he has a sixth sense for this game, this lifestyle. His rap sheet in endless. So let's take a deeper look into the life of Trajik


Foxx: What Type of material can we expect from Trajik this year?

Trajik: Expect true to life music from me, nothing more or nothing less. Just about all my music has social commentary in it, and when I say that, I mean I speak on real issues that are occurring in our modern day society. I speak from experience. I speak for the homeboys who can't rap. I’m the voice of the people.
Foxx: How did you get started?
Trajik: In the beginning I was just a fan, like anybody else. I got started around 1997 in a group called “The Raww Dawgz”, which consisted of me and a couple of my childhood friends. The first time I rocked a microphone I knew this is what I wanted to do with my life and I’ve been committed ever since.  I grew up in the golden era of hip hop, when there was a lot of storytelling going on. So I’m proud to crown myself as one of the most prolific story tellers of these times. I paint pictures with my words for the world to see.
Foxx: Tell me about your latest project and where can we, the public, find it?
Trajik: I just recently dropped a tape called “Rhyme & Reason: The Freestyle Diary”, with my homie DJ Tango, where I’m just going in on some of my favorite instrumentals. I feel like a lot of these artists nowadays rhyme for all the wrong reasons. So I kind of just wanted to bring it back to the roots of storytelling in its truest art form. I wasn’t concerned with trying to make radio records or anything like that. The whole thing was based off of my feelings or how I was feeling at that said moment. That’s why I called it the freestyle diary. You can download for free off of our official catalog page: www.GAMEFACERECORDS.com
Foxx: With the competition rising so heavily in the city, what sets you apart from the rest of the artists?
Trajik: I really don’t see any competition and that’s simply because I’m not competing. There are enough fans out here for everybody.  I’m just doing me, which is making good music for my audience of listeners. I’ve been down for a very long time doing this music and representing for the NAP. I am one of the pioneers who helped build a music scene in this city. That’s why I’m “The Naptown Legend”. There will never be another Trajik.
Foxx: Where do you see your generation heading in the next decade?
Trajik: I see my generation being enlightened in the next decade. A lot of us are ignorant to the ways of the world, history, and our people. We have to find understanding. We have to know ourselves and where exactly we’ve come from in order to progress. The truth will set us all free.
Foxx: What advice do you have for other upcoming artists?
Trajik: The best advice I can give upcoming artists is do you and don’t compromise. Uniqueness is what sells. Nobody can do you better than you can do you. Stay at it because what you praise grows! That’s the law of the universe.
Foxx: What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?
Trajik: I’m a family man. When I’m not working I’m chilling with my family. It keeps me grounded. It keeps me focused.
Foxx: Who are your musical inspirations?
Trajik: To be honest I don’t really listen to anything but GFE, because I know our intentions and where our hearts are at. But at the same time I commend all good music. It really doesn’t matter who it comes from. When I am listening to something other than GFE, I take it back to the golden days when artists where actually talking about something. No offense.
And Mos def, I Respect that. Yo I wanna thank you personally for blessing Naptown Connect wit some love, You reached out and that's real.  We wanna continue to get updates from you and GameFace Ent. 


"Naptown Legend" Buy you copy Now!!




"The Come Up" Buy Single on Itunes Now






CHECK OUT SOME MUSIC VIDEOS FROM TRAJIK!!!!!! 

"Gettin Bigger" Official Music Video 



"Short Days" Official Music Videos

                           "I Am" the official 1st Video for Rhyme and Reason- Trajik 


For more info on Trajik and GFE follow the link GFE Website
Contact Info: Trajik Twitter Page        Trajik Face Book Page




No comments:

Post a Comment