Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Naptown Connect: Kelsey Nykole



Naptown Connect: 

Kelsey Nykole

By: Dj Foxx #DboyDjs


Yeahhh whats good? You're tuning into Naptown Connect, the gateway to the streets. Today we have the beautiful Kelsey Nykole as a special guest. We chillin, maxin, relaxin and enjoying the hot day in the Nappy City. 
I wanna thank you Ms. Nykole for blessing us with this interview today, I really appreciate you. 


For those who do not know Kelsey Nykole trust me you're in for a special treat and you'll def. become a fan once you hear her sing and her banging personality. Really, No Really, she's one of the lady icons of the city. A rare jewel. 


Foxx: Where are you from?
Kelsey : I am from Indianapolis IN


Foxx: What hidden talents do you have?
Kelsey: I am also a hair stylist, and a dance choreographer!




Foxx: What are your thoughts on the current state of the game? 


Kelsey: My thoughts on the current state of the game is, when will REAL music come back!! That feel good music.. The sorry telling music!! Its so dumbed down and overly saturated with what i call "slow head" music and lyrics... Its sad... There is still some good stuff out but damn... All these clowns with nothing Better to do with there time and money need to leave what i love and am passionate about, ALONE!! And the djs are to blame to... For taking money and what not to play the BS!! I am a writer and as they a goal of mine is to Offer the great music we miss back into the industry for other artist and through my music... I also see the game going POP which I'm actually fine with because i LOVE pop music so... Yea lol....


Foxx: How do you separate yourself from other artists?


Kelsey: I separate myself from other artists because i do my own shows, promo, choreography, I'm a workaholic, and i can bet there's not another kid out there that goes as hard as i do... From taking 8 hours road trips by myself, i mean people think I'm crazy sometimes, but its DEFINITELY paying off = ) ..


Foxx: How would you say your career is going so far?


Kelsey: I would say my career is going great!! God is continuously blessing Me and opening doors for my dreams to come true... Here recently I've had some people come into my life who are down to help Me and take some of the load off me, because they see how hard I work on my own and they respect it so much that they want to see me win, so they are down for the cause and the movement.


Foxx: We go way back to Lincoln Days, I had no idea you had an amazing voice, when did you discover   
your passion for music?


Kelsey: Well at Lincoln I was in the choir and the plays and all so i was Doing the music but not out up front like I was before and after then... When I went to Lincoln I was in a new environment from the hood to the subs and I was withdrawn and uncomfortable with really singing out, Then I made new friends and got into different things and my passion wasn't as strong at that time in my life but I had a few tragic deaths in my family from people that really believed in my talents that really made my drive come back alive like it was from the age of 3 to about 12 but now, my angels are guiding me and it on and poppin' & ain't no stoppin'. 


Foxx: What else can we expect from you in the future?


Kelsey : Well in the future you can definetly expect nothin but bigger and better things. Promo in the south and the east coast has begun and I'm working with my fam J French with Johosophat productions on my EP which will drop early 2013, but right now im pushing SHOPAHOLIC (POP HIT ON YOUTUBE, AVAILABLE ON CDBABY) HEELS ON,sexy R&B hit, & WATCH THIS, club/dance sexy BANGER(BOTH AVAILABLE ON ITUNES) & and just transitioning pushing the NEW name and brand KELSEY NYKOLE!!


Foxx: Who influenced your style?


Kelsey: My most major influences are Stevie Wonder, BeBe nd CeCe winans, Christina Auguleria, Beyonce Knowles, Mariah, & man, many more... 


Foxx: What advice could you give to other upcoming singers?


Kelsey: What I would suggest to any other singer is to make up your mind and believe in your heart first that this is what you want to do and what your GOING to do. Then get some one in your world who can help guide you and won't be a yes Man, study your craft & the business, Then get a vocal coach, and a show/performance coordinator, then GO HARD OR GO HOME!!! It's hard hard hard to build a team and to prosper in this industry as an indie artist, especially as a female. I've had to be all those things for myself for a lil while now and its no joke. Im not the superstar that im gonna be yet but i'm on my way, by the grace of god but just be ready to work hard and INVEST in yourself, nd BELIEVE IN YOURSELF FIRST, beacause if you don't, no one else will... 



Foxx: Before we get outta here do you have any shout outs, special thanks, etc you wanna give out? 


Kelsey: Well shout out to NAPTOWN CONNECT FIRST OFF!! And to the candy shop for lacing my boots... No love lost. Also to my mother, son and brother, My fam, Kevin shine, and my writing sessions fam, my guy Taj, Keytouch Studios nd Dwani. Newflo Promo  and Johosophat productions, my city INDYINDY, yall my lovez my family and I love and appreciate ya'll. AND OVER ALL, ALL THE NYKKY B/KELSEY NYKOLE SUPPORTERS ND FANS!!! I HEAR ND SEE CELEBS SAY SUCH BIG HUGE THANKS TO THE FANS, ND NOW I SEE WHY XOXO XOXO I EFFIN LOVE YALL!!! Let's take this thing to the TIPPY TOP YALL WOOHHH!!!! Lol <3




Foxx:


Haha I appreciate the love and to the top is where you're definitely headed. #iSalute you and you're hustle. And once again, thank you so much for your support. 




You can find Nykky B Music on Itunes and Revernation


Nykky B on Itunes      Nykky B ReverbNation

Music Videos

Nykky B Youtube
  Nykky B- Shopaholic Official Music Video



Social Media Contact Info:
Nykky B Facebook Page
Nykky B Twitter Page


Please Leave a Comment

For Foxx's Contact info




No comments:

Post a Comment