Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Naptown Connect: Tully Cicero


Naptown Connect: Tully Cicero

By Dj Foxx- Dboy Djs


Yeah, Yeah, We're here again chilling in the Nappy City. Shout out the 317!
I'm kicking it here with my brother, No, my real brother Tully Cicero from GFE.

Foxx:  What's good with it fam?

Tully: Already, what's good my brotha!

Foxx:  How you living?
Tully: Blessed dawg, everything is everything..

Foxx: That's what's up man, first and foremost I want to  give a shout out to Game Face Records for all the work
you all have put in, in the city. You're accomplishments have not gone unnoticed.

Tully:  We're working man, this entire movement is about growth for the city, and more importantly ourselves.
We're gonna jump right into it fam. We got a few loud ones to put up.

So lets jump right into it

Foxx:  "Tully Cicero", My brother from another,  How did come up with the name Tully Cicero?

Tully: When I was in college I did some research on the Roman Empire for a philosophy class. It came from the    writer Marcus Tully Cicero, who was considered the greatest writer & orator of the Renaissance Era. The time we're going through now is of course a new era, and I feel as though when it's all said and done I'll be considered in the discussion as one of the greatest of this generation to put pen to the page. So I dropped the Marcus and ran with TC. It was just something different and it fits me well I guess.

Foxx:  No doubt, How did you know that music was the career you wanted to pursue?

Tully: I've been involved with music for a long time, it's my passion. Whether it was making my own beats or writing lyrics. It's very therapeutic, and I get to share my thoughts and feelings on the world and how I see it. It's real life, grass roots and blue collar music. I've always felt like coming from Indiana, we have an advantage because we're exposed to so many different styles of music being in the middle. I can't really see myself doing anything else.. maybe hoop or something I don't know..

Foxx: Who influenced your style?

Tully: I say it's a combination of family and my own personal feeling. My pops has one of the illest Hip-Hop collections I've ever seen. So I was exposed to a lot of different genres of rap at a young age: from extreme East Coast rap to West Coast. Of course down south gangster shit like Scarface and UGK; to Midwest Hip-Hop from Common to Bone-Thugs.. I'm really influenced by story tellers. People like Big, Pac, and Face.. Imagery is something I'm into. The more I can hear and can see the story or picture you're trying to depict, the better.

Foxx:  What can we expect from Abe Linx & Tully Cicero this year?

Tully:  Well aside from doing features around the city and with the label, we have our 2nd mixtape "R&R: Reefer & Relaxation" coming in the fall. I'm also working on a solo tape titled "M.P.C - Money, Power, Chronic: The Precept Code" which should be out by the winter. Linx is working on his tape titled "100 Million", so we've got our plate full. Shout out to Robb Skee as well, that's the crazy middle brother of the LAFA, with Linx being the oldest and me the youngest. I believe "Let There Be Smoke 2" is coming this year as well.

Foxx: Other than music what hobbies do you engage in when you're not working?
Tully: Hoop, most definitely.. so if any of you other artist think you nice on the court we can get it in! Bring your squad. I don't think niggas can hang on the court though g, you know how we rock haha.. I collect Cd's and music memorabilia as well.

Foxx: Given the style of music (Local and Mainstream), What sets you apart from the rest of the artist?

Tully: A genuine love for Hip-Hop. I'm all about the progression of the culture and what it means to the world. Black music in general has changed the landscape of this country and the globe. People of different race are definitely influenced by the style and bravado of the music, and the way it (Hip-Hop) makes you feel. Which any form of music is like that, but I think for my parents generation and mine, Hip-Hop has given people the blueprint of how the times have changed. I want to be apart of that history and maybe, hopefully, be someone who's had an impact on a persons life. I want to revolutionize the game. Take from the old generation or "golden era" and create a new era.

Foxx:  Where do you see your generation heading in the next decade?

Tully:  To a place unimaginable. New heights and possibilities, for music and the world. Our generation just like every generation before us can only go higher than the last.

Foxx:  Are you a Miami fan or a Laker Fan? Why?

Tully: Laker fan.. I'm all about prestige and dynasties. Plus, they have the greatest player in basketball right now the Black Mamba. Kinda shitty we got beat by them scrubs OKC, but Durant is a beast and is the future of the league.

Foxx:  Who would you most like to work with on any upcoming projects?

Tully: I'd like to work with Stalley of MMG.. he's a dope lyricist and he's from the Midwest repping on a major team right now. It's a few cats in the game though.. KRIT, Kendrick Lamar, Fashawn.. I'd love to work with Jadakiss and Styles P. And of course Jigga...one day though. 

Foxx: Tell Me about your latest Project and where can the public find it?

Tully: My latest mixtape "Reign Supreme" can be found on gamefacerecords.com; We also have the chopped and screwed version on there, blended by DJ Jodeci. Our new single for the "R&R:Reefer & Relaxation" tape "#HDFU (High, Drunk, F****D Up)" is available on the website as well as Itunes, so cop that! All the DJ's need to have that #HDFU, it's a dope party record for everybody living life and having a good time doing it.

Hit Single #HDFU available on Itunes Now >>>> #HDFU Single Purchase for $1

 Any Shout outs you wanna put out there?

Tully:  Of course, The World Famous Game Face Entertainment and the entire Genius Crew, The Lafa (music and street fam), Dboy DJs, All the artist around the city making moves and doing their thing. My little brothers and sister.. and anybody showing love and fucking with the movement and the team, it's all love. Haters and naysayers we appreciate you the most, you're the fuel to the fire and we need that haha..  
Out the gate, I wanna thank you Tully C. for coming out and supporting the movement. I appreciate you fam!
Yo, we go way back since we were shorties on the block hooping on Reece and Jarrett Court.
So without further a due #iSalute.


For more info and music from Abe Linx and Tully Cicero please follow the link 

Music Videos

"Against All Odds" Abe Linx & Tully Cicero feat Boy Boy

"A Day In The Life"- Abe Linx & Tully Cicero


"Say it 2 ya Face"- Abe Linx & Tully Cicero


"It's Me" - Tully Cicero



Follow Tully Cicero Now!!!!! Tully Cicero Twitter Page
Follow Abe Linx Now!!!!! Abe Linx Twitter Page

For more contact info with your host Dj Foxx- Dboy Djs 
Follow Me on Twitter Dj Foxx Twitter Page 
or email me at www.djfoxx317booking@gmail.com 

Thanks For Tuning In to Naptown Connect: Your Gateway to The Streets 

Please Leave a Comment Below


No comments:

Post a Comment